We do everything we can to make the RA accessible for blind and visually impaired visitors.
• We welcome guide and hearing dogs.
• Large print lists of works and gallery guides are available for exhibitions.
• Audio guides are available for most exhibitions and always include a selection of audio described stops. These are free of charge for visually impaired visitors.
A trained volunteer can offer a one-to-one descriptive tour of the exhibition, but please book this volunteer service two weeks in advance of your visit.
Handling events and audio-described tours
Every year a number of sculptures in the Summer Exhibition are available to be explored by touch. They are identified in our large print guides and by a separate list available at the entrance to the exhibition.
We run a series of audio description and handling events for every exhibition, as well as the RA’s permanent collections.
An audio describer delivers a verbal description of artworks. Visitors also handle multi-sensory tailor-made objects created by an artist educator to illustrate the exhibition.
To find out more and book, call 020 7300 5839, fax 020 7300 8023 or email email@example.com
• Download the Summer Exhibition 2015 large print list of works
• Download the Eileen Cooper RA: Hide and Seek large print list of works
• Download the Joseph Cornell: Wanderlust large print list of works