Planning a group visit? We offer a range of options specifically tailored to groups: from discounts on tickets to exclusive private tours with our trained guides.
We welcome advance bookings for groups of 10 or more people for all of our exhibitions. To book for a group and be entitled to up to 20% discount on your tickets please call 020 7300 8027 or email email@example.com.
We offer a range of packages for schools groups too. Find out more about group visits for students and teachers.
An exhibition slide talk in the Reynolds Room, one of the John Madejski Fine Rooms, provides the ideal ambience in which to sit back, relax and enjoy a talk given by an informative guide. Slide talks provide a general introduction to the exhibition as well as focusing on key works on display.
Private exhibition slide talks are only available on Friday mornings and last approximately 45 minutes, starting at 10.30am. Slide talks are available in English and French (French depends on the exhibition). From Autumn 2015, we are moving our regular slide talks to 11am on Wednesdays.
We apologise that all of our slide talks for Rubens and His Legacy have sold out. Please contact us for more information.
Up to 30 people £210
Up to 60 people £300
Private guided tours
A unique opportunity to take a private tour of major exhibitions at the Royal Academy of Arts outside our usual opening hours. Private guided tours of the exhibition begin at 8.30am on Saturdays and Sundays. Your group will enjoy exclusive access to the galleries.
Up to 30 people £1,000+VAT
The John Madejski Fine Rooms Tours
Highlights from our collection of British art from the 18th century to the present day are the focus of the John Madejski Fine Rooms tours. The Royal Academy Collection includes important works by famous Royal Academicians such as Reynolds, Constable, Turner, Gainsborough, Stanley Spencer and David Hockney.
Up to 20 people £180
Up to 30 people £270
Up to 40 people £360
Information for groups
• At midday, we need to clear the John Madejski Fine Rooms in order to prepare for opening to the public. This means that we cannot overrun and so if you arrive late you may experience a shorter talk. Refunds will unfortunately not be granted.
• We will post out all pre-booked tickets, so please bring these with you and hand them in at the entrance to the exhibition. Additional tickets can be purchased at the Ticket Office.
• On arrival the group representative should collect gallery guides from the Information Desk.
• We do not officially allow re-admission to exhibitions, but the gallery staff can consider it at their discretion. If you do have to go out for some reason please speak to a member of staff at the entrance to the exhibition.
• We are open until 10pm on Fridays. Last entrance to the galleries is at 9.30pm. Payments for group tickets for late-night viewing must be made in advance
• We produce audio guides for all of our exhibitions, apart from the Summer Exhibition. These can be purchased at a reduced rate of £3 per person when booked in advance for groups of 10 or more. Sometimes they’re even included in the ticket price. Audio guides are in English and usually last about an hour.
• To book for a group and be entitled to up to 20% discount on your tickets please call 020 7300 8027 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.