Terms and Conditions
1. The prize includes: Economy flights from London Heathrow to Los Angeles (LAX), 4 nights’ accommodation at the JW Marriott at LA Live (room only basis). Complimentary visits and VIP tours will be arranged to the Hammer Museum, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, and the Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles.
2. Employees of the RA, Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board, Los Angeles World Airports, JW Marriott hotels and Virgin Atlantic, their families and friends are not eligible for entry.
3. The winner will be chosen at random by RA. Winners will be notified by telephone or email or within two weeks of the closing date.
4 Winner of the prize and guest must be over 21 years of age. Only open to UK and Irish residents.
5. Transfers from and to the airport upon arrival and departure are included.
6. Transportation while in LA is not included.
7. Travel visa, travel insurance and passport requirements are the responsibility of the winner.
8. The prize winner and the companion are responsible for holding a passport with at least six months validity.
9. Valid visas to the United States will be required (ESTA)
10. Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board (LATCB) is not responsible for visas issued in the US or granting immigration for the US.
It is the responsibility of the winner and their companion to arrange their own visas.
11. Travel is valid for one year from September 2012 and is subject to availability.
12. Travel is permitted during the following periods: 16 Apr 2012 – 30 Jun 2012, 15 Sep 2012 – 10 Dec 2012, 10 Jan 2013 – 15 Mar 2013, 15 Apr 2013 – 30 Jun 2013. The travel period cannot be extended beyond expiry date. The tickets must be used by the expiry date. Lounge passes and upgrades are not permitted with these tickets
13. Please note the above dates may be subject to further embargos. When you have selected your preferred travel dates please either write to sales support at the address below enclosing your original prize winner letter, advising your full name, the name of your companion and preferred route and dates of travel (including a 2nd choice) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with your request. Please advise the date of birth for each passenger when requesting a booking. You will need to send in your original prizewinner letter or your booking will be invalid.
14. Please be advised that all relevant taxes and surcharges must be paid by the passenger and for security purposes credit card payments for these charges must be made by telephone.
15. The prize winner is required to go on-line and enter advance passenger information to your booking once tickets have been issued. This can be accessed through www.virgin-atlantic.com
and access manage my booking.
16. Private museum tours must be booked in advance and are subject to availability.
17. The winner and their chosen companion must travel together on both the outbound and the return flights.
18. Publicity may be given to any competition winners and/or entrants and their names and/or photographs printed by LATCB.
19. Travel insurance, out of pocket expenses (phone, room service, extra food/drinks purchases, gifts) are not included in the prize.
20. LATCB and partners accept no liability for any loss, damage or injury caused by any prizes won.
21. The competition is provided by the Royal Academy of Arts, Piccadilly, London W1J 0BD, Tel no. 020 7300 8000.
22. The prize is subject to availability.
23. The package is nontransferable and no alternative packages will be offered.