Academic Institute for Painting, Sculpture and Architecture (St. Petersburg)
RA Collection: People and Organisations
Founded in St. Petersburg in 1757 by Count Shuvalov as the Academy of the Three Noblest Arts. Renamed by Empress Catherine II in 1764 as the Imperial Academy of Arts. Renamed several times since the Russian revolution of 1917. The current Russian Academy of Arts has been in Moscow since 1947.
Extracts from a correspondence with the Academies of Vienna & St. Petersburg on the cultivation of the arts of painting, sculpture, and architecture in the Austrian and Russian dominions : to which is prefixed a summary account of the transactions of the Royal Academy of London : from the close of the Exhibition 1801, to the present exhibition at Somerset-House, 1802 by Prince Hoare, Member of the Academies of Florence, and Cortona, and Secretary for Foreign Correspondence to the Royal Academy of London - London: 1802
Lettera Di Michelangiolo Bonarroti Per Giustificarsi Contro Le Calunnie Degli Emuli E De'Nemici Suoi Sul Proposito Del Sepolcro Di Papa Giulio II Trovata E Pubblicata Con Illustrazioni da Sebastiano Ciampi - - Firenze: 1834
Academic correspondence 1803, containing extracts, No. II., from a correspondence with the Academies of Vienna & St. Petersburg, on the present cultivation of the arts of painting, sculpture, and architecture; a summary report of the transactions of the Royal Academy of London, from the close of the Exhibition 1802, to the same period, 1803, and a description of public monuments, voted by the Parliament of Great Britain, to the memory of distinguished naval and military officers since the year 1798. Published by desire of the Academy, by Prince Hoare, Member of the Academie of Florence, and Cortona, and Secretary for Foreign Correspondence to the Royal Academy of London. - London: 1804
Academic annals : published by authority of the Royal Academy of Arts 1803 ; collected and arranged by Prince Hoare, Secretary for Foreign Correspondence to the Royal Academy - London: 1805