5 November 2012
The Tallow Chandlers Company was established in 1300 to regulate oils and to manage candle making using tallow. The Livery Hall has been based at Dowgate Hill since 1476, but suffered in the Great Fire of London in 1666. Rebuilt in 1672 by Captain John Caines, the Hall survived the Second World War and much of the seventeenth-century building remains today.
This event is also taking place on 19 November 2012