8 May 2009
Dr James Yorke, V&A curator and author of Lancaster House, London’s Greatest Town House, leads Friends on an exclusive tour of the house. Commissioned in 1825 by the ‘Grand Old’ Duke of York, upon the duke’s death, the Marquess of Stafford (later the Duke of Sutherland) occupied the house from 1829 until 1913. On our guided tour we learn about the Louis XIV interiors and the Sutherlands’ impressive collection of paintings and objets d’art.
2.30–4pm; Lancaster House, Stable Yard, London SW1A; SOLD OUT