25 April 2013
The Central Criminal Court, commonly known as the Old Bailey, stands on the site of the medieval Newgate Gaol. The present building dates from 1907 and was designed by the Victorian architect E.W. Mountford. Our private behind-the-scenes tour begins in the notorious Court Number One, where we learn about the history and characters of this infamous criminal court.