18 November 2010
Founded as an Augustinian Priory in 1123, St Bartholomew the Great is one of London’s oldest churches and has been a continuous place of worship since at least 1143. Escaping the Great Fire of 1666, St Bart’s is one of London’s few examples of Norman architecture. We will see the thirteenth-century doorway, Tudor and Stuart monuments and a medieval font dating from 1405 and learn about the restoration carried out under Sir Aston Webb RA in the nineteenth century.
This event is also taking place on 10 December 2010. Click here to read more